ChallengeOur client had implemented Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) to improve software quality and testing efficiency. But its staff supporting enterprise IT systems lacked the general knowledge, technical skills, and quality testing mind-set to adopt this new strategy.
Experis created a “hands-on” ATDD Boot Camp Training with topics including:
- ATDD Basics
- Introduction to Ruby
- Cucumber Implementation
- Automation Scenario Generation
- Back-end Validation Techniques
- Design Patterns with Page-Object
- Continuous Integration Systems
This training was designed to provide deeper skills for consultants with baseline knowledge of object-oriented programming and limited testing backgrounds. The course was conducted in eight, five-hour sessions including bonus topics and class assignments for each participant.
- Experis held technical screening sessions with each potential consultant to ensure they had prerequisite skills to attend the Boot Camp sessions
- Consultants’ performance was monitored during the training sessions to ensure the best fit for the client
- 17 consultants graduated and were placed on client teams to provide ongoing quality value and automation skills
- Experis-trained consultants provided an excellent, low-cost alternative to complement existing scrum teams