The client knew it had gaps in its interactive marketing but didn’t have the talent on staff to fill the gaps, nor the time to manage it. The client’s flagship website needed improvement in its information architecture and navigation, as well as an upgrade in its content management system. The client had no social media plan. It wasn’t using data from analytics to drive decision-making, because staff wasn’t up to speed on the newest tools and approaches. There were a few consultants working in interactive marketing, but in a piecemeal structure that required significant management from the client and wasn’t driving results.
Experis was first asked to augment the client’s team with specialized resources in interactive marketing. Experis identified that a managed solution, with an Engagement Manager at the helm, would deliver the best value and results.
Experis designed a team approach with clearly defined activities for each group:
- Digital Experience Consulting: Ongoing consulting support services for the flagship .com digital experience, including project management for strategic site areas, industry channels, key initiatives content development and content management.
- Social Media Consulting: Ongoing consulting supporting social media program efforts, including driving and participating in external- and internal- facing social media campaigns, and activation and recognition programs for the company’s blog platform.
- Analytic/Metrics Consulting: Ongoing consulting services supporting the analysis of multiple data sources, aggregating findings, and creating reports for local and global key stakeholders, site strategists, and project and/or program managers.
- Digital Publishing: Ongoing web publishing platform consulting support for WEM (Adobe CQ5) including new template creation, page publishing including CSS, HTML, DHTML, and component development, along with migration from legacy publishing platforms.
- Technical Publishing Consulting: Ongoing website development, including consulting on maintenance, production, and QA under the direction of the Technical Publishing team.
Experis addressed the challenge of finding marketers with technology expertise and overall marketing vision by carefully coaching recruiters on what to look for in resumes and reaching into its talent pool of resources. Experis built a system through which staff subject matter experts and practitioners (developers, marketers, project managers, and the like) conducted screenings of the candidates before they were presented to the client. To keep consultants’ skills up to par with the latest platforms, Experis maintained a supportive culture of training, coaching, and knowledge-sharing.
The client’s Digital Strategy and Enablement team now numbers between 50 and 60 consultants at any given time. The Experis Engagement Manager oversees the team, including:
- Completion of work products, measured against key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Timely, effective selection of skilled consultants
- A formal review program to assess individual consultants’ and team performance with the client
- Successfully onboarding new consultants, often within a short ramp-up time
- Representing all Experis employees and areas of delivery provided to the client
For more than 10 years, Experis has delivered managed services to the client. Throughout the engagement, Experis leadership has advised the client on strategic approaches, including the team composition, skills, and talent, to execute on objectives successfully. What started out as a simple staff augmentation engagement evolved into a rich managed service that enabled the client’s nimble business transformation.
Understanding the client’s business objectives and providing an informed perspective led to the creation of five teams focused on key tasks. Delivering a flexible team of 50 to 60 consultants led by a relationship-focused Engagement Manager has guided the client to become a leader in customer engagement, including advanced personalization of content. Our collaborative approach has made Experis a true partner in interactive and digital marketing that drives business growth. We allow the client to focus on its core activities, bringing in the right talent at the right time.