A Fortune 100 financial services organization urgently needed to upgrade its computers to the Windows 7 operating systemfor11,000 people in three main locations and 60-plus branches across the U.S. The client wanted to handle the project internally, but its team didn’t have much experience with Windows 7 upgrades and wasn’t large enough to handle a project of this scale
While the client’s team managed the Windows 7 implementation, Experis provided highly skilled resources, oversight, guidance, project consulting and technical training. The full-time desktop technicians numbered between 30 and 40 during the project, working at the client’s data centers in Charlotte, Denver, and New York, among other locations.
The Experis team:
- Built new drives with Windows 7 and the appropriate line-of-business profiles
- Installed additional applications
- Copied user data from the old drive to the new drive
- Coordinated deployment scheduling with the customer
- Deployed devices
- Returned old drives or machines to inventory
- Backed up, restored, and supported common Windows applications such as MS Office and Outlook
- Executed workstation builds and software deployments
- Ensured inventory systems were updated
Experis successfully upgraded all 11,000 desktops and laptops to Windows 7,which freed up the client’s management and technical staff. Thus, the client could speed up the launch of individual Window7 upgrades by line of business.