One of the largest coffee retailers in the world, our client wanted to improve its quality assurance processes and resourcing model. Efficiencies were needed in QA and testing of its large global retail application footprint, an ecosystem of critical business applications that includes point-of-sale (POS) platform on Micros.
The client depends on the quality of these platforms internally and externally through application integration, interfacing, real-time service calls, and data import/exports. To stay competitive, the client faces an increasing demand for excellent delivery, continuous deployment, and continuous quality to support global retail stores and the end customer.
Experis designed and delivered Testing Managed Services that include an onsite manual and automation team and an efficient testing program. The Experis managed service:
• Provides a high-performing test team to interface with client test leads and ensure quality releases for the POS
• Selects and builds the onsite team, including Experis professional resources and rebadging a select group of existing resources
• Transfers knowledge of application functional and technical elements
• Uses and optimizes advanced automation and manual testing techniques
• Adapts and scales the team to support changing scope and priorities
• Established a process for finding, vetting, and retaining top technical talent
Experis designed and implemented a governance model that integrates transparency, continuous improvement strategies, and risk mitigation to ensure a successful engagement. Experis governance provides benchmarking of quality measurements, technology innovations, continuous improvement, and other key components of an outstanding partnership.
• Global code releases of Micros POS version upgrades (currently version 2.7) and customized business logic
• HP Quality Center for test management of test cases and defects
• Customized user interface automation framework (Maestro), VMware, vCloud
• Custom client API integrations for First Data, ValueLink, Audit (IBM AS400), POS peripherals
• Custom vCloud automation toolset
• Waterfall development with monthly releases
The managed service successfully launched in March 2016. New consultants were hired and others were rebadged to Experis. Experis defined reporting frameworks and metrics; created project playbooks; and implemented escalation procedures.
By April 2016, the team successfully completed testing of the largest revamp of the client’s loyalty program in the client’s history.
Experis worked with the client to customize industry-standard metrics to encourage quality behavior in the client's culture and development methodologies. Custom SLAs and KPIs were implemented, such as average dollars saved per day per user from testing automation, and the ability to define user stories of fewer than five days for easier test automation implementation.
As part of the program, the Managed Services team delivers a large scope of regression testing for multiple company brands in the U.S, Europe, Asia, and Canada, across hardware, deployment, functional, integration, and certification phases.