Our client, a large cable company, needed to integrate its siloed IT systems to improve consistency, eliminate redundancy, and increase productivity. Like many companies, the client wanted to move toward platform integration and secure external exposure of those platforms as a service.
Experis focused on applying service-oriented architecture (SOA) governance for managing select internal services integration, with secure exposure of APIs between the services and internal and external developers.
Experis proposed a solution that delivered:
• A converged Wi-Fi architecture roadmap
• Capability assessments for current state and future state Wi-Fi architectures
• Gap analysis between current state and future state Wi-Fi architectures
• A knowledge management roadmap
• Architecture governance 2.0 – for business liaisons
• Application Portfolio Management 3.0 – Inventory of Application Data and Interfaces, Information and Process Assets
• Information and Process Architecture 2.0 – Lifecycle Management, Analytic and Reporting Tools Evaluation
• Implemented an accepted API management tool
• Fully configurable APIs for internal and external stream developers with well- configured revenue management; configuration templates for future APIs
• A solid SOA roadmap to improve the performance of the architecture teams
Experis transitioned API migration, creation, and configuration to the client’s staff. Through this project, the client realized significant savings after migrating API management, especially governance from Layer 7 to Apigee (now a Google API Management tool).