Our client needed a partner to understand its challenges with testing across multiple releases and product changes. The goal was to architect a solution that would use resources from the parent company but enhance the local team's knowledge of testing best practices so that monthly releases would be more efficient. Conversations with the director of QA led to an initial assessment, recommendation, and design of the test mentoring program.
The initial needs assessment included participation across the client's stakeholders in the full product lifecycle: development, PMO, requirements, testing, configuration management, and executive team members.
Experis then selected and managed a professional test advisory team of highly experienced consultants to teach the client's IT organization testing techniques to make monthly releases more smooth with higher quality, and to make the test team more effective in its day-to-day work.
The mentors were selected on the basis of their senior levels of experience, quality organization training, and various specializations in QA. They worked alongside client personnel, providing coaching, techniques, recommendations, and best practice information across testing and organizational change, quality measurements, requirements, and project management.
The advisory team also advised the QA management group through several transitions. The QA management group also learned from the partnership to address issues upstream in their process.
Through individual consulting and coaching group exercises, "lunch and learn" sessions, and identification of issues in the software development lifecycle, Experis assisted the client QA staff with improvements in several areas:
- Business Requirements Analysis
- Test Planning Analysis
- Test Data Creation and Movement
- Test Case Repository Management Process Artifact Reuse
- Handoff Process and Entry/Exit Criteria
Experis leveraged long-standing relationships with the client and demonstrated our commitment to the client through delivery oversight and advisory services along with our deep recruiting capabilities to build a strong mentoring team.
- The client has noticeably increased its focus on best practices for testing and quality within its QA team and throughout the organization. It has positioned itself to execute its product development with a new quality focus.
- Experis consultants shared their knowledge and experience in the testing process as well as PMO and business requirements, which are now intrinsic to the client's efforts.
- Experis continues to provide guidance to the client IT leadership team on topics like uniform quality practices and organizational development.
- The client was sufficiently impressed with the results of this engagement that they hired one of the Experis mentors as their new director of QA when the position became open.