The client was transforming its software development lifecycle from waterfall to agile. The perception was that good progress had been made by development within scrum teams, but that QA/Test was struggling to evolve.
Experis Solutions performed an assessment of the QA/Test current state to identify gaps in the client’s test methodology and processes. The assessment included:
• Understanding the vision for QA/Test
• Interviewing key stakeholders and contributors
• Reviewing testing reports and artifacts
• Observing team processes and meetings
Experis Solutions shared several findings with the client. The perception that QA/Test was not evolving into an Agile methodology was incorrect. Instead, the QA/Test team lacked the knowledge, processes, and tools to fully implement Agile practices.
The client can now modernize its development and test processes to agile with the actionable roadmap Experis created, which includes:
• Test vision and strategy
• Agile knowledge-sharing and training
• Suggested tools for automation, plus strategy and implementation
• Resource planning recommendations
"The assessment provided a structured approach that validated what was known all along. The insight into what to do about it was key to closing the real gaps."
- Test Manager